Praying the rosary combines traditional Catholic prayers with our contemplation of different sacred Mysteries, depending on the day of the week.
1. Make the Sign of the Cross
2. While holding the Crucifix, pray the Apostles’ Creed
3. On the first bead, pray the Our Father
4. On the next three beads, pray the Hail Mary
5. Before the next bead, pray the Glory Be
6. The circular part of the rosary has five sections called decades.
On the bead after the Glory Be, announce the Mystery for the the rosary decade and day, and pray the Our Father. Then pray one Hail Mary on each of the ten beads of the decade, followed by a Glory Be before the next bead.
7. After saying the five decades (repeating step 6 for each one), pray the Hail Holy Queen
8. Pray the following:
Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
That we may be worthy of the promises of Christ.
O God, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection,has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant we beseech Thee, that while meditating on these Mysteries of the most holy rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.